Human & Cultural Insights
A multi-layered approach for looking at people and culture in fresh ways that generate smarter frameworks of decision and action.
PepsiCo – Kantar Marketing Impact Award Winner, 2011
Diageo – Consumer Planning Awards, Agency of the Year, 2011
Kraft – Kantar Business Impact Award, Grand Prix Winner, 2011
MRS – Virginia Valentine Award for Cultural Insights, Finalist, 2012
Scan all sources and perspectives to establish and understand the context properly.
- Our proprietary knowledge base gives us a head start.
Identify the right question(s) to answer and understand, reflecting key hypotheses, gaps and priorities.
- Our trends and futures expertise orients us to ask what’s next, not just what’s here now.
Explore the consumer mindset using all appropriate methods of understanding, including qualitative, quantitative and data mining.
- We use layered methodologies to ensure that we see the issue(s) from a wide range of perspectives.
Develop a framework of anticipation by which to shape decisions, and then embed this in the organization through design, multimedia and workshops.
- We distill insights into simple, actionable frameworks that are communicated and activated with impact.
“Our aim is to move to longer-term strategic conversations to shape and deliver our ambition. This is where Kantar Futures came into the mix. While there are many positives, I will highlight a few. One, the ability to integrate complex content into simple and engaging frameworks. Two, comprehensive and thorough analysis, which delivers a very robust foundation. Three, the inclusive, relaxed yet thorough approach.”
Marketing Director, Gum & Candy, Kraft Latin America
“Wow! This is a truly remarkable piece of work. Interesting, convincing, tangible. Very helpful. The value lies in the neat framework you created to help us make sense of the busy, often confusing dynamics of the internet age across so many diverse markets. The perfect marriage of rigorous data and art and creativity.”
Global Insight Manager, Beverages, PepsiCo
We help clients answer questions about changing people and culture, such as …
- What are the myths and truths about specific cohorts like Millennials, the Emerging Middle Class or Luxury Consumers?
- What themes or dimensions unlock new ideas about Sustainability, Digital Media, Health & Wellness, Retirement or Trust?
- What is the potential for growth in markets that are Mature, Recessionary or Saturated?
- What is the customer journey or consumer experience for our category or brand?
Case Study: Kraft Foods
Fresh insights to establish a consumer-centric growth strategy for the chocolate-tablet category.
A wide-ranging study of chocolate tastes and ways in which people are engaged with the category.
What are the key insights on which a consumer-oriented strategy can best be established?
Case Study: Diageo
Developed a transformational perspective on the 50+ cohort.
A detailed study of the lifestyle changes affecting older consumers and the ways in which this challenges traditional views of aging.
What fresh insights about older consumers can be used to connect better and strengthen their loyalty?
Case Study: PepsiCo
A new conceptual framework to better connect with Millennials.
An in-depth assessment and articulation of the few core concepts that describe young people worldwide.
What are the foundational principles that best elucidate global youth?
Case Study: Alcatel-Lucent
New insights to inform innovation planning.
A multi-layered investigation into the evolving use of digital content.
How can new products and processes best capture the opportunities of a digital future?